Most of us have a busy schedule that juggles between work and personal commitments. Amidst all of that, it is sometimes hard to care for aging parents in the way we would want. If you are not in favor of old-age homes, you can consider in-home care. Below are the top facts you need to know about in home care services.
- First things, in-home care is not same as assisted living. As the name indicates, this kind of services are offered by caregivers at home, while assisted living about living in a facility. If your parents can take care of themselves, you don’t really need to spend on assisted living, given that in-home care services are pretty effective.
- You can hire these services by the hour. Yes, you read that right. You don’t need to keep someone on your payroll to take care of your parents. Expect to pay anywhere between $20 to $40 for an hour, and most of the in-home care services are willing to customize their options for new clients.
- For most people, in-home care is a better alternative to assisted living. Such services hold the family together, and even if you are not around to take care of your parents in the day, you can still come back to find them at home.
- Caregivers offering in-home care also offer medical setup services under the guidance of a licensed RN/LPN. They also offer personal care services and may do some of the light housekeeping jobs.
- Most caregivers are trained for the job, and besides the basic care, they also offer companionship. In case your mother is bored in the day time, the caregiver can make a meal or a play a game on request.
- Not every in-home care service is the same, so take your time to do some research. Apart from checking the costs, you need to be a tad more careful of the background and reputation of the concerned service.
- Finally, do check the range of things that are included in the service list of the concerned company. In-home care can be considered a broad term, and therefore, the services are not always similar. Please check in detail about the list of dos and don’ts for caregivers, so that you know the kind of assistance your parents can get.
Check online now to find more, and don’t forget to check if the service also offers help with assisted living.